New Business Director
We’re currently looking for a New Business Director to support with the overarching sales strategy at UNRVLD, working as part of the wider sales and marketing team whilst owning the new business process and driving opportunities forwards.
Reporting to the Head of Growth, you will manage a robust pre-qual process to ensure efforts are focused on the right size and scale of opportunities. You will be heavily involved in delivering a consultative and detailed opportunity qualification through extracting a clear understanding of the client's brief, challenges and pain points, and effectively matching them to the solutions we provide.
At UNRVLD you’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced but flexible environment using the latest technology to unify the real and digital worlds by creating great experiences that matter to people in their daily lives.
- Facilitate accurate and regular pipeline reporting - with clear commercials and percentage probabilities to allow for accurate cash flow forecasting
- Demonstrate a commercial acumen to understand full financials surrounding new business activity from agency investment to opportunity sizing and scrutiny
- Understand the client’s business needs outside of the brief, and develop strategic responses/competitive analyses and interactions that connect with the client
- Identify and coordinate the optimal blend of experts to produce a thorough and holistic response to the client's brief
- Be the central pin in the pitch process, motivating teams, coordinating responses and playing an active role in the presentations
- Ensure the final quality of all submissions, presentations and supporting materials for any prospect engagement you are involved in
- Deliver thorough handovers of new clients into Client Services and ensure the client experiences a smooth transition
- Support in the creation of agency credentials and pitch collateral to improve, refine and evolve the presentation material
- Contribute to business development tasks of key account opportunities when required
- Contribute to the planning around prospect targeting (ABM) including industries, organisations and key individuals/influencers
- Contribute content and ideas to new business marketing initiatives where required
- In partnership with the Chief Growth Officer, conduct Progress Meetings with the New Business Manager, ensuring clear goals are set
- Take ownership of coaching, mentoring and supporting the New Business Manager
- Support the New Business Manager with qualifying and coordinate RFQ’s, RFI’s, RFP’s and ITT’s
Experience and Skills Required
- Considerable experience in a business development role in an agency environment, ideally within digital
- Experience with complete ownership of the new business process, nurturing and developing the agency’s pipeline in partnership with the wider team
- Experience writing bids/proposals for new business
- Ability to quickly grasp the understanding of the agency’s proposition and service lines
- Deliver effective business reporting, with an excellent understanding of company commercials
- Line management experience with a track record in gaining positive feedback around the support and mentorship that you offer would be advantageous. With plans to grow the new business team, there will be future opportunities to manage direct reports
- Confidently make autonomous decisions at the qualification and briefing stage
- Maintain an eye for detail, proactively and strategically gathering information on prospects
- Lead, inspire and excite internal teams throughout the new business process
- Flawlessly present and communicate in both written and verbal forms, showing vibrant personality across all methods of communication internally and with clients
- Be proficient in the use of Keynote, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Senior Team and Discipline Leads throughout the business
- Showcase proficient negotiation and closing skills
- Embody an entrepreneurial, self-motivated and driven approach to your work
- Excellent competitive salary based on your experience + uncapped commission
- Up to 25 days leave with the opportunity to buy and sell through our holiday trading scheme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Online Doctor – appointment system
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
- Perk box benefits account, including weekly coffee, monthly cinema ticket and birthday box
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Flu vaccination
- Annual team away days
- Electric Vehicle scheme
Although we have a fantastic office in the heart of Soho London, our approach to work is flexible. You choose where you want to work, either at home or in the office. We’re an equal opportunities employer who celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We pioneer digital excellence with leading brands for transformative business growth, serving your customers incredible experiences that make their lives easier. A global family of digital experts, we nurture our people to be the best they can be for themselves, our clients and their customers.
We deliver unrivalled solutions so you can anticipate change, adapt at pace and deliver at scale, using our core pillars of Experience, Technology and Performance. We are famous for our work with New Era Cap, SMEG, Euroleague Basketball, Royal Canin and Biffa. With offices across the UK and in Europe, we are an agency without borders, delivering digital solutions worldwide.
Our flexible working practices and supporting benefits enable our employees to flourish. With hubs in the UK in Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff, London, Belfast and Vilnius, Lithuania, most roles are no longer location-dependent and working from home is part of our new normal.